Activities designed especially for individuals with physical, sensory or developmental disabilities although people of all abilities are welcome to attend.
Participants who are not capable of participating independently must be accompanied by parent or caretaker. In order to avoid cancelling programs, we need the cooperation of participants to sign up by deadlines. Please note that Mayfield Village reserves the right to deny registrations after the deadline due to limited enrollment, planning, etc.
FITNESS TO WELLNESS TO FUN at HEALTH 360
(13 years+) Enjoy obstacle courses and movements to help with strength, agility and motor reaction and skill development. Sign up for Mon or Wed or both.$49/session/day or $88/both days/session.
- Fall 1: M/W (8/27-10/10 *except 9/3) 6:30-7:30 PM
- Fall 2: M/W (10/15-11/28 *except 11/19) 6:30-7:30 PM
- Winter 1: M/W (12/3-1/23 *except weeks of 12/25 & 12/31) 6:30-7:30 PM
- Winter 2: M/W (1/28-3/6) 6:30-7:30 PM
- Spring 1: M/W (3/11-4/17) 6:30-7:30 PM
BASKETBALL WITH LEAP
(18 yrs+) Join the staff of LEAP as they work on the fundamentals of basketball each week. This is a non-competitive program where everybody gets the chance to learn and build skill. The registration deadline is one week before the session. Limited to 5 participants! Held at Wildcat Sport & Fitness.
- Fall 1: Tues. (9/4-10/9) 6:30-8:00 PM
- Fall 2: Tues. 10/23-12/11) 6:30-8:00 PM
- Winter 1: Tues. (1/8-2/5) 6:30-8:00 PM
- Winter 2: Tues. (2/19-3/26) 6:30-8:00 PM
INDOOR WATER EXERCISE
(10 yrs+) This is an opportunity to experience success, increase comfort level, exercise and have fun in an aquatic environment. Kate Sullivan will be teaching class again! $20 per session.
- Thursdays (9/6/18-3/21/19, 3 week sessions), 6:30-7:30 PM
(15 yrs+) Veteran Blue Ribbon coach and advocate Sandy Ellis will teach the basics of boxing and a little self defense. It is non-contact. You will learn how to throw a punch, a jab, a right hand, uppercuts and hooks using special coaching mitts as targets. Most of all, boxing will build your self-confidence and it is FUN!!! Boxing can be learned while sitting or standing. Anyone is welcome to register (friends, family, caregivers). Space is limited! Registration Deadlines: 8/24, 9/28, 11/2. Held at the Solon Community Center. $49/session
- Session 1: Saturdays (9/8-9/29) 2:00-2:45 PM
- Session 2: Saturdays (10/13-11/3) 2:00-2:45 PM
- Session 3: Saturdays (11/17-12/8) 2:00-2:45 PM
(All ages) Basketball, coloring, board games, volleyball, dancing, food and friends! Feel free to bring your own basketball, game or activity. Pre-registration deadline is Wednesday before. Click for flyer!
- Fridays (Dates TBD)
- 6:00-8:00 PM @ Mayfield Middle School
- $5 pre-reg/date
- $6 at door/per date
(13 yrs+) 2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, a slice of pizza, a small soda and a cup of ice cream awaits you during this program. Bowlers will be 4-6 per lane. Space is limited. Registration Deadline: one week before; space is limited.
- Saturdays (9/8 & 11/17) *more dates to be scheduled in 2019
- $16 @ Game of Wickliffe
(5 yrs +) This dance class that will include Hip-Hop, some Jazz and even a little line dancing. Come try it out!! All abilities are welcome! Space is limited. Registration Deadlines: 8/31, 10/26. Held at the Solon Community Center. $78/session.
- Session 1: Saturdays (9/8-10/27 *except 9/29) 1:00-1:45 PM
- Session 2: Saturdays 11/3-12/22 *except 11/24) 1:00-1:45 PM
BASKETBALL-SOLON BLUE RIBBON
(12 yrs+) Empower Sports, under the skilled direction of Tom Heines and Demetria Stanfield, will be hosting this program. Participants will have the opportunity to improve basketball techniques and strategies through a series of drills and scrimmages. Every participant will have the chance to play in a game situation. Registration Deadline: 8/24.
- Mondays (9/10-10/22) 6:00-7:15 PM
- $36 @ Solon Community Center
(18 yrs+) Walking is proven to be one of the best forms of exercise. As a safe and low impact activity, walking improves cardiovascular health, strengthens bones, and can even boost your mood.
- Fall 1: Mondays (9/10-10/15) 6:00-7:00 PM. $12 @ Euclid Creek Reservation
- Fall 2: Mondays (10/29-12/10) 6:00-7:00 PM. $12 @ Beachwood Mall
(13 yrs+) Further develop skills and enjoy learning about the game in a non-competitive environment. Work on kicking, trapping, throw-ins specifically and then end the night with a short game among the players. Each participant will receive a shirt. Shinguards are encouraged but not necessary. Wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes; bring water. Min./Max. Participants: 6/14. Registration Deadline: 9/5
- Mondays (9/10-10/8) 5:30-6:15 PM
- $30 @ Parkview Soccer Fields
All ages. Come watch a movie on a drop down projection screen. Enjoy snacks and beverages while you watch a movie. Pre-registration only. Registration Deadlines: Wednesday before each date as long as space available.
- Fridays, Dates TBD @ 6:15 PM
- $5/date @ MV Civic Center
YOGA REACH EMBRACE ABILITIES
(13 yrs+) Embrace Abilities teaches an integrated system of adaptive poses, breath work, daily function skills, movement exercises, meditation practices, and facilitates ongoing discussions. Focus on what you can achieve and qualified instructors will help reinforce an optimistic approach! $64/session $5 off if registering for two sessions at once. Held at MV Civic Center
- Fall 1: Tuesdays (9/11-10/16) 4:45-5:45 PM
- Fall 2: Tuesdays (10/23-12/11 *except 11/6 & 11/13) 4:45-5:45 PM
- Winter 1: Tuesdays (1/8-2/12) 4:45-5:45 PM
- Winter 2: Tuesdays (2/19-3/26) 4:45-5:45 PM
KARAOKE & DINNER
(13 yrs+) The amazing DJ Denise will be serving up the best music jams anywhere! Come on out and sing a song or just enjoy the talents of other karaoke singers. Dinner will be served at 6:00 P. Registration Deadline: 9/14. At Solon Community Center
- Friday 9/21 6:00-9:00 PM $13
Cruise on the Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie aboard Cleveland’s largest sight-seeing vessel. Witness the fast changing panorama of Cleveland’s skyline and the exciting Flats area as you learn about many sights and little known historical facts about our All-American city. Transportation on your own. Boarding begins at 11:30 a.m. Parking along Pier at 825 E. 9th Street or in surrounding lots, streets. Some may be pay. Food items can be purchased on board, no outside food allowed. Registration Deadline: September 19.
- Saturday 9/29 12:00-2:00 PM $15
FALL HIKE, FIRE BUILDING, & S’MORES WITH CLEVELAND METROPARKS OUTDOOR RECREATION
(13 years+ with caregiver) Take an easy hike along an accessible path before learning how to build a fire. Reward your fire building skills with the sweetness of chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers as you make the perfect s’more. Registration Deadline: 9/20. Limited Space!
- Saturday, 9/29 5:00-7:00 PM $10
- North Chagrin Reservation
INTRO TO COMPETITIVE SWIMMING
(10 years+ with companion) Participants need to be comfortable in water and have basic swim skills. Swim assessments will be held. Practice basic aquatics skills and work on gaining functional knowledge of the rules necessary to participate in aquatics competitions. Participants will be divided by ability and then age second. Realistic goals for each participant will be easily attainable while still assuring confidence and creating a fun safe atmosphere. This will culminate with an intramural competition.
- Saturdays (10/13-12/8 *ecxcept 11/24) 1:00-2:30 PM
- $30/SD & $40Non SD
(All ages) Join Kelleen Kinnaird and Tim Regan as they help lead the group. Follow along or do your own thing; there is no right or wrong. Always a fun song selection. At the MV Civic Center
- Session 1: Sundays (10/21-12/16) 2:30-3:15PM, $20/session or $3/drop in
- Session 2: Sundays (1/6-2/24) 2:30-3:15PM, $20/session or $3/drop in
LEAP’S HALLOWEEN PARTY & DANCE
(13 yrs+) Dress in your best Halloween costume and dance the night away. Awards will be given out for the weirdest, funniest, scariest, most creative, and best overall costumes. Dinner and beverages will be served. Registration Deadline: 10/12.
- Friday, October 26th
- 7:00-9:00 PM @ Hilton Garden Inn Mayfield Village
MAKING PIZZA AT PIZZA ROMA
All ages. Grace VanNess will help you to press the dough, add the sauce and desired toppings, place it in the oven and…enjoy! You have your very own personally created pizza to enjoy in the store or take home.
- Saturday (11/3) 1:00-1:45PM $12
- Saturday (2/16) 1:00-1:45PM $12
URBAN LINE DANCING
(13 yrs+) There will be a performance followed by plenty of dance time for you with instruction in the latest dance moves. Line dancing will be to today’s pop music! A full chicken parmesan and pasta dinner will be served. Registration Deadline: 10/26
- Friday (11/9) 6:30-9:00PM $14
- Solon Community Center
MAKE A WIND CATCHER MOBILE
(13 yrs+) Participants will be using hand tools to sand, drill, and put together a mobile to hang in a room or to give as a gift. The mobile also acts as a wind catcher so it can even be hung outdoors. Students must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. A $15 instructor fee is payable on the first day of class. Registration Deadline: 11/2
- Saturday (11/10) 12:30-2:30PM $24
- Orange High School Wood Shop
LEAP’S HOLIDAY PARTY & DANCE
(13 yrs+) Wear an ugly sweater if you have one; not required. Dress code is casual. Dinner and beverages will be served. Registration Deadline: 11/29
- Friday (12/14) 7:00-9:00PM $13
- Hilton Garden Inn Mayfield Village
(10 yrs+) Local college coaches and players teach the fundamentals of basketball. Activities help build individual skill and also include fun drills incorporating team work. Pre-registration required. Registration Deadline: Wednesday before each clinic. Sundays, 1:00-2:00 P, dates, cost, location TBD.