- Details: Parkview Pool will be offering an American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard program for students 15 years and older. Some prerequisites for students include: must be able to swim 300 yards continuously and retrieve a 10-pound object from the bottom of the pool.
- Pretest: Thursday, June 1, 6:00 p.m.
- Classes: June 5 - 9, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., weekdays
- Cost: Residents: $175 Non-residents: $200
- Note: All students must attend all classes to be certified.
Deep Water Exercise Challenge for Adults
- Need a fun, different type of conditioning? This class is for you! If needed, a floatation belt may be used. A great way to work your cardiovascular system without injuring any joints. A workout good for adults of all ages, both men and women. Class will take place in the diving well with Corky Carl instructing.
- Dates: June 5 - August 11
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays - 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Mondays and Wednesdays - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Cost: $4 per class: 10 class punch card ($40) available at front desk.
- Note: All participants will receive a punch card for this class. The card will be punched at the front desk prior to each class.
Splash Sport Cardio (Deep Water)
- This challenging class includes high intensity, on-impact athletic drills to improve strength and cardio respiratory endurance. Must be comfortable in deep water.
- Who: Adults
- When: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Session 1: June 13 - June 29
- Session 2: July 11 - July 27
- Where: Parkview Diving Well
- Cost: No charge
- Exercising in water is beneficial and easy for everyone to do! Join the fun for Adults and Senior Adults. All exercises are done in the water to improve flexibility while conditioning and toningthe entire body. You don't need to know how to swim.
- Day: Tuesdays, Thursdays
- Time: 11:15 a.m. - 12 noon
- Dates: June 6 - August 10
- Evening: Mondays, Wednesday
- Time: 6:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
- Dates: June 5 - August 9
- Cost: $4 per class: 10 class punch card ($40)
Note: All participants will receive a punch card for this class.The card will be punched at the front desk prior to each class.
Youth Synchronized Class:
- Learn basic skills stunts. Start doing routines combining swimming and stunts. Helps get student ready for the synchronized camp in August.
- Who: 8 years to 8th graders
- Date: Fridays, June 16 - July 28
- Time: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Cost: $25
One Week Summer Camp for Synchronized Swimming
- Must be at least 8 years old and able to swim 25 meters (or permission by instructor). The camp is a beginning class of introductory skills that includes front and reverse sculling, stunts such as ballet legs and somersaults progressing to more advanced vertical stunts and synchro swimming strokes. Those swimmers with more advanced skills will be accommodated. A short show will be held on Friday,
- Dates: Monday, August 7 - Friday, August 11
- Time: 9:45 a.m. - 12 Noon
- $50/School District Resident
- $60/Non School District Resident
- All you need is a bathing suit and a towel and you can give it a try to see what Scuba is like! Just Add Water Scuba has the perfect opportunity for you, it’s called Try Diving.
- Who: Anyone age 10+
- When: Wednesday, June 14 or July 5 or July 26 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- What Will I do? Get an introduction by of our experienced instructors and then it’s time to play.
- How long will it take? First a class orientation session at Just Add Water and then we head to the pool for some fun. 2 hours needed
- What do I need? A bathing suit and a towel! If you can kick and breathe you got this!
- Cost: $39.00 and you can apply $20.00 towards the next step, your Certification Course
Kids Scuba Camp
- Learning to scuba dive is a life-changing experience that enables young men and women to embrace challenges in a whole new way. That first breathe underwater; the feeling of total weightlessness as you embark into a foreign world… it enables you to be part of something so powerful it transforms your life! Campers will complete the classroom and pool training required to earn their PADI. Open Water Certification in a safe and enjoyable way. Campers will learn about dive safety, equipment and dive procedures. They will also learn about the underwater world, aquatic life and protecting our environment. Fee includes course manual, logbook and dive tables, all scuba equipment along with mask, fins, and snorkel.
- Who: 10 - 14 year olds
- When: July 3-7 or July 31 - August 4
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: $450 (includes all materials)
Scuba Lessons - Get Certified
- Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Why not take the plunge and get certified as a PADI (Professional Association of Scuba Instructors) Open Water Diver? This is part-one of the PADI Certification process, which includes the pool and classroom training required to become a certified diver. This is the entry-level dive course designed to provide you with all of the knowledge and skills necessary to safely visit the underwater world. The class will prepare you to complete part-two of the Padi Certification process, 4 Open Water Dives. These dives can be completed during the summer months locally, or on your next vacation! Go ahead…Take the plunge!
- Who: 12 years through adults
- When: 3 separate class offerings
- Friday, June 23-25
- Friday, July 21-23
- Friday, August 4-6
- Time: Classroom at Just Add Water on Friday, 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 12 Noon and classroom at Just Add Water from 2:00 pm-6:00 p.m. after pool time.
- Classroom at Just Add Water from 2:00– 6:00 p.m. after Sunday pool time.
- Cost: $375 (includes all materials except mask, fins, snorkel and boots)
Kids Seal Team
- Have a child who’s not old enough for certification, but can’t wait to dive? Now they don’t have to! PADI Seal Team is a great way to introduce kids 8+ yrs to the basics of safe diving. The PADI Seal Team program is designed for young divers who are looking for action-packed fun in a pool! A PADI certified instructor will guide kids through 5 different “Aquamissions” which are designed to teach them the building blocks of scuba.
- Who: 8 - 11 year old boys and girls
- When: July 3 - 7 or July 31 - August 4
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Cost: $235 (includes all materials)
Fee includes activity workbook, use of all scuba equipment along with mask, fins and snorkel, (children use all of the basic equipment which is designed for their size and stature) logbooks and graduation certificate.